What is Uncle Ray’s …
Uncle Ray’s is a Potato Chip and Snack Manufacturing company that has been in business since 1965. Uncle Ray’s was founded under the principle of manufacturing good potato chips made by ordinary folks for the common people.
Uncle Ray’s currently has two manufacturing facilities, the flagship manufacturing facility remains in operation in Detroit MI and our newest state of the art facility is in Montgomery City MO.
We build and value relationships and take that to heart. We care for the people we work with and care for the people that work for us. Our company is dedicated and honored to continue a family dynamic as we have team members who have worked with us 20+ years dedicated and passionate to making great chips.
We continue to pass on the values of Ray Jenkins, one of the founders of Uncle Ray’s. He believed in giving back, making sure everyone has an opportunity to learn, and changing the world one chip at a time.
At Uncle Ray’s we are looking for entry level Production Associates to join our team in Detroit MI. The ideal Production Associate candidate will have a work history that demonstrates the ability to work in a team-oriented environment and show reliability. The successful candidate may be responsible for packing potato chip bags into a box, stacking boxes on pallets, or other production related functions. Candidates that are new to the work force or are returning to the work force are welcomed to apply. All qualified responsible applicants are encouraged to apply.
Interested in Chippin for the Future? Uncle Ray’s will ask the following:
- Prepare work area at beginning of shift with correct case size and needed materials.
- Ensure product and case label has accurate date and placement
- Pack each bag in proper position in case
- Stack case on pallets correctly with code number facing outward when possible
- Ensure product code numbers are not mixed on pallet
- Wrap pallet with hand wrap
- Perform job with detailed focus on safety and packing quality
- Maintain clean work area, adhere to company waste policies
- Perform other duties as required
Its Hip to Chip, are you able to say YES to the following?
To perform job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Success in this position requires a self-motivated, energetic team player with demonstrated history of reliability and working in team-oriented environment.
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Manufacturing experience a plus, but not required
- Able to stand, bend, lift, stoop for extended time
- Hand-eye coordination, able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
- Positive attitude, flexible to changing work environment
- Strong teamwork approach, good work ethic
- Detail oriented and self-motivated with efficient time management
Wanna take a trip on the chip side? Uncle Ray’s can say YES to the following:
- Tier level wage increases at 90 days
- Paid Breaks
- Employee Discounts
- Weekly Company provided lunch
- Individual Employee Lockers
- Micro-Market onsite (sandwiches, soda, snacks, candy, ice cream, and much more)
- Cafeteria Style Benefits
- Bonus and Incentive Plans
- Internal Promotions
- Work performed in general food production with exposure to machine noise, ingredient and finished product residues.
- Food allergens are present in facility and used daily.
- Long pants and closed toed shoes are required along with hair/ beard coverings and face masks. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided.