Financial Business Analyst
The Financial Analyst is a highly visible role that will play a critical role in support of all planning, month-end, and ad hoc financial analysis activities in assigned areas of focus. The ideal Financial Analyst will have a solid understanding of P&L Statements, various finance/accounting concepts, variance analysis and financial modeling. The successful Financial Analyst will have the ability to comfortably interact with all levels of the organization providing effective communication of analysis with a mindset towards process improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the revenue recognition process for all business activity and lead in policy implementation.
- Manage general ledger activity through weekly expense account review, recurring and ad hoc journal entries
- Prepare and manage all monthly closing ledger entries
- Provide financial analysis support for department managers
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts including monthly cash reconciliations
- Assist Controller with monthly financial statement including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Develop ad hoc reports, special studies and financial analysis which drive the behavior of the business
- Monitor accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash receipts processes
- Work with Director of Sales to develop and maintain Strategic Account Plans by customer
- Develop and implement standard costing through process identification and time studies; significant time will be spent in the plant and teaming with plant management
- Assists in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3+ years of experience as a budget analyst, financial analyst, business accountant, or similar
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Proven experience in financial and manufacturing industry
Intermediate to Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills
Experience with MS Dynamics (Great Plains); MS-NAV preferred
Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify issues/opportunities, and implement solutions
Self-Driven / Self Starter with a Can-Do attitude
Proven knowledge of financial processing and diagnosis, corporate finance, and information analysis
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.