Maintenance Team Member
The Maintenance Team Member is responsible for completing the day-to-day maintenance operation for the manufacturing plant. Maintain a direct link of communication with production operations. Perform planned, preventative and immediate maintenance on all production and non-production equipment. Strict adherence to policies and procedures relating to personnel, equipment, product and food safety.
- Oversee all aspects of plant maintenance; preventative maintenance, periodic maintenance as well as immediate need to achieve maximum efficiency while ensuring food safety and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Performs all maintenance operations and ensures required work is completed, inspected and area clean of tools, parts and debris. Also makes sure that the necessary sanitation procedures are done prior to equipment being put back in service.
- Investigate CCP violations and documents root causes and corrective actions.
- Ensure parts are being stored and maintained in the correct environment in terms of food safety and personnel safety, and that storage and handling procedures ensuring proper labeling of all chemicals & lubricants.
- Ability to communicate within their team and with the production team.
- Perform all duties in compliance with maintenance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to run production equipment as needed
Qualification / Skills Required:
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems with the ability to find the root cause of the problem
- Must possess a high mechanical aptitude and fabrication skills
- Must be safety oriented with leadership skills to perform maintenance duties with or without supervision in a team environment
- Above average computer skills
- Equivalent to a complete, accredited apprenticeship or 2-year technical college education or 3-5 years of related experience
- Industrial setting of a food manufacturing plant with warehouse operations.
· Industrial setting of a food manufacturing plant with warehouse operations.
- The individual is frequently required to stand, walk, hear, use hands, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. The individual is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or talk.
- The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance.