Quality Assurance Manager
What is Uncle Ray’s …
Uncle Ray’s is a Potato Chip and Snack Manufacturing company that has been in business since 1965. Uncle Ray’s was founded under the principle of manufacturing good potato chips made by ordinary folks for the common people.
Uncle Ray’s currently has two manufacturing facilities, the flagship manufacturing facility remains in operation in Detroit MI and our newest facility is in Montgomery City MO.
We build and value relationships and take that to heart. We care for the people we work with and care for the people that work for us. Our company is dedicated and honored to continue a family like dynamic as we have team members who have worked with us 20+ years dedicated and passionate to making great chips.
We continue to pass on the values of Ray Jenkins, one of the founders of Uncle Ray’s. He believed in giving back, making sure everyone has an opportunity to learn, and changing the world one chip at a time.
Who are we looking for …
Uncle Ray’s Is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager in our Detroit MI facility to support our growing QA team. We’re looking for a candidate who has enthusiasm for leadership and helping people, as well as strong expertise in quality and food safety.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will work closely with Senior Management, Production Management, Quality Assurance Team members and Packaging/Processing Team members.
A day in the life of a Quality Manager may look like …
- Providing guidance to Uncle Ray’s team members regarding Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and HACCP programs.
- Ensure compliance with FSMA, HACCP, and food safety regulations.
- Demonstrating your skills by monitoring and improving Uncle Ray’s SQF program.
- Communicating and working in a team environment to ensure all departments are effectively following QA, FS, and GMP policies and procedures.
- Leading and conducting 3rd party, customer, FS, and processing audits.
- Investigate and Close product and process deviations, non-conformances, and correction action and preventative action plans (CAPAs)
- Plan and manage existing new product testing efforts.
- Train team members on all things QA and Food Safety.
- Be the go-to team member for prompt resolutions with QA and Foods Safety issues.
- Guide and lead Quality Assurance team on the production floor and in the lab.
- Serve as a primary for PCQI
- Promote and foster a positive work environment in all interactions.
We will ask the following from our potential Quality Assurance Manager …
- Have a bachelor’s degree in food science, Biology, or related field.
- Proven experience working within a Quality Assurance management role.
- Have or working on the following certifications: SQF Practitioner and PCQI
- Ability to analyze data and identify areas for improvement.
- Strong Problem-Solving skills.
- Be a Leader! Manage and motivate your team members.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using computer software’s like Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
- Understanding and willingness to remain up to date with trends and developments in quality assurance and implement best practices.
These skills and disciplines are just a few to mention, candidates should be able to demonstrate a proven knowledge of Quality Assurance Management that includes a broad range of managing HACCP, GMP, and GFSI plans. The Quality Assurance Manager should have at least five (5) years of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
Must be able to comply with the physical demands of a normal office like environment:
- Sitting: Continuously
- Standing: Seldom
- Walking: Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: (if applicable): Occasionally
- Two Handed Carry: Occasionally
- Pushing: Seldom/Never
- Pulling: Seldom/Never
- Overhead Work Standing: Seldom
- Ladder Climbing: Seldom/Never
- Kneeling: Seldom/Never
- Low Work Sitting: Seldom/Never
- Squat: Seldom/Never
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Occasionally
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Seldom/Never
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Seldom
- Up to 10 lbs.: Seldom
- Up to 25 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- Up to 60 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday