The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, shipping and cycle count responsibilities. Responsibilities include being the main point of contact for the WMS system, maintaining a direct link to production, inventory control, and receiving and shipping. Manage all department equipment; enforce administrative, SQF practices and all safety policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to overseeing of employees, safety training, housekeeping, employee relations, disciplinary action, problem-solving and work assignments within the warehouse.
- Train, Direct and Manage all aspects of the material handling and distribution efforts for an assigned area to achieve maximum efficiency while ensuring food safety and maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Daily up keep of the WMS system to include cycle counts, troubleshooting, inventory adjustments, printing BOLs, and the receipt of components and raw materials.
- Supervisory responsibility includes management of employee performance, discipline and development. This includes maintaining attendance reports, serving written documentation for employee errors and issues, and daily review of all paper
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all goods. Ensure paperwork is properly completed to facilitate proper traceability.
- Development, maintenance, and implementation of SOP’s for warehouse inventory management processes such as but not limited to cycle counts, receiving and shipping.
- Ensure goods are being stored and maintained in the correct environment in terms of food safety and personnel safety, and that storage and handling procedures are within allergen guidelines
- Communicates and enforces company policies, dress code, GMP’s and performance standards.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and guidance to department employees, motivates team members.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other departments.
- Must have good communication skills (written/verbal) and the talent to deal with difficult individuals during problem resolution\Process Vacation and Personal Time requests.
- Process Vacation and Personal Time requests.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Daily Walkthrough at beginning and end of EVERY SHIFT, to ensure that the dock is clean, and any unreported issues can be recognized and corrected.
- Daily verification of warehouse paperwork and log accuracy.
- Daily Pre-Shift Meetings to go over any issues with the crew, and special memos and notes, and overall game plan for the day.